Hope, Compassion, and
Community in East Hamilton
Welcome to the Nativity!
We strive to be a community rooted and grounded in the love of God.
Because God’s love welcomes us and transforms our lives, we reach out to care for one another and the world around us. In all we do as we seek to grow closer to God in Jesus.
In our worship and prayer, in our service to the wider community, in everything—we want to be a place where all are welcome to explore and to be nurtured by faith and community. If we haven’t met you yet, we hope that exploring this website will help you to get to know us a bit in preparation for a visit; if we have, we hope that it’s a place that will support your faith journey.
- Fourth Sunday of Advent (December 24th, 9:30 am): a quiet service in the chapel. (Please note this service will NOT be live-streamed.)
- Christmas Eve at 4 pm (December 24th, 4:00 pm): exuberance and joy as we sing carols, tell the Christmas story, set up the Nativity scene, and celebrate the Eucharist. (This service will be live-streamed.)
- Christmas Eve at 8 pm (December 24th, 8:00 pm): Join in singing carols with the choir and enjoy a special musical offering from a parishioner as we solemnly celebrate the good news of God coming into the world through the Nativity of Jesus Christ. (This service will be live-streamed.)
- Christmas Day at 10 am (December 25th, 10:00 am): with quiet joy, we celebrate the Eucharist on Christmas morning in the church. (Please note this service will NOT be live-streamed.)
- 1st Sunday of Christmas at 8:30 and 10 am (December 31st, 8:30 and 10:00 am): On the seventh day of Christmas, we will not be having swans. But we will celebrate the Eucharist at our customary times–8:30 is a bit quieter, and there are carols at 10. (The 10am service will be live-streamed.)
- Three Revelations (January 7th, at 8:30 am and 10am): On the last day of Christmas, we remember three ways God reveals God’s self to the world–in the worship of the magi, in the presentation in the temple, and in the baptism of Jesus. (This service will be live-streamed.)
The Church of the Nativity is a parish of the Anglican Diocese of Niagara in the city of Hamilton.
Please join us in person Sunday at 8:30 a.m. or 10:00 a.m. or watch our 10:00 a.m. services via Youtube.