With the increase in the spread of COVID-19 in Hamilton, the diocese has paused all in-person services in the City of Hamilton until further notice. This decision has been made before any potential changes to our community rules from the province. I wanted to share and highlight an excerpt from the diocesan note explaining the new ministry guidelines:
While we have continued confidence in our pandemic protocols, this decision is being made as a sacrificial witness to the wider community that now is a time to stay at home for the love of our neighbours and in order to protect the most vulnerable in our communities.
Christmas services were already going to look very different from previous years–not being able to sing familiar carols together, with limited and spread-out attendance; now, things shift entirely online.
Here’s what things will look like over the next while:
- On Sunday, December 20th, participate in Christmas Songs & Stories on YouTube and Facebook at 2pm or following. (Links will be posted here later this week.)
- On Christmas Eve, a pre-recorded telling of the Christmas Story with setting up and blessing of the crèche will be shared on Facebook and YouTube at 10am.
- On Christmas Eve, a live-streamed Evening prayer service will be broadcast via our parish Facebook page at 4pm–you can tune in and participate then, or later in the evening. You can find the order of service here.
- Bishop Susan will be celebrating a service of spiritual communion on Christmas Eve at 6pm; it’ll also be available to join in later.
- On Christmas morning, a pre-recorded morning prayer service will be posted to Facebook and YouTube.
- Join Bishop Susan for Sunday Prayers on Sunday, December 27th, at 10am or following.
- Live-streamed Morning Prayer services from the Nativity will begin on Facebook on Sunday, January 3rd, at 9:30 am.
No in-person visiting will be scheduled at this time. For pastoral contact, please call the church and Matthew will return your call. The church’s phone number is (905) 549-4335.